10 Amazing Works Of Art
Art is one of the many things that I am passionate about. I love to go to museums whenever I get the chance. I have studied art since I was a teenager. My love of art started with my very first AP Art class with one of my favorite teachers. Without further ado here is my top 10 favorite works of art.
- Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh is one of my top ten favorites because it shows us a glimpse into his mind while he was in an asylum. He suffered from many mental health problems and tended to paint much darker paintings during his lows. You can view the painting and read more about it Here.
- Water Lilies by Claude Monet is another well known piece of art that I love. The colors and the way he paints just leaves me in awe. If you want to see the painting and read more Click here.
- The Creation of Adam by Michelangelo is another favorite of mine. It is breathtaking and I hope to see it one day in person in the Sistene Chapel. The scene features both Adam and God and is just beautiful. You can see it and read more Here.
- Metamorphosis by Christian Schloe speaks to me in a calming sense. I think it symbolizes the changes that we go through in life. Check it out Here and tell me what you think.
- The Scream by Edvard Munch is another great work of art. I love this painting for my own personal reaaons. First of all I always feel like in life there are times when you want to scream just to let off some steam or out of simple frustration. Check out more information and to view it Here.
6. Napoleon Crossing the Alps by Jacques-Louis David is an amazing work of art. I love the detail and all the colors. I think the paininting truly represents the era in which Napoleon lived. Read about it Here.
7. The Persistence of Memory by Salvador Dali is in my top ten for a reason. I love this interpretation of time. I take this painting as that time is slipping away. Make the most of the time you have. Check it out Here and tell me what you think.
8. The Storm of the Sea of Galilee by Rembrandt is yet another amazing painting. The tumultuous sea is painted perfectly. Ive always thought that this does show a storm but that it could represent the storms in our lives. Will we let them overtake us or sink our ship? Or will we persevere? Check it out Here.
9. The Thinker by Auguste Rodin is one of the two favorite sculptures I have. I think it is a nice interpretation of what a thinker’s expression should show. You can see the details in the expression on his face. Check it out Here.
10. And finally my absolute favorite work of art is Unique Forms of Continuity in Space by Umberto Boccioni. This sculpture shows the strength of the runners in that era. The wings represent speed. What do you think? See it Here.
All of these are in my top ten for their uniqueness and beautiful states. I have always been an avid art enthusiast. Feel free to check these out and lwt me know which is your favorite.Tags: Art, painting, paintings, sculpting, sculptures